What a con! Free windshield replacements in Florida parking lots! And it is costing insurance companies millions of dollars, which then trickle down as higher rates for the consumer.
- How does the corruption occur? Describe the entire process.
- Who do these harvesters target?
- Why do they offer free gifts?
- What is the “Fix the Cracks” initiative in Florida?
- What are “one-way attorney’s fees”?
Tan, E. (2023). How Florida’s ‘unscrupulous’ auto glass shops fuel an insurance crisis. The Washington Post, Nov. 12 (Retrievable online at https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2023/11/12/auto-glass-florida-insurance)