When Elon Musk took over Twitter on Oct. 27, he declared the “bird” being freed. What a difference less than a month makes!
- What are some of the important organizational changes that have happened within the Musk takeover of Twitter over the last three weeks?
- How much did the acquisition of Twitter cost?
- With all the turmoil at Twitter, what has happened to the decentralized, open source social network Mastodon?
- According to the article and research project detailed by Professor Fiesler, what are the challenges faced by those who decide to leave Twitter?
- What is your opinion right now? Will Twitter fail like some other social networks that have gone before it?
Fiesler, C. (2022). Mass migration from Twitter is likely to be an uphill battle – just ask ex-Tumblr users. Salon, Nov. 20 (Retrievable online at https://www.salon.com/2022/11/20/mass-migration-from-twitter-is-likely-to-be-an-uphill-battle–just-ask-ex-tumblr-users_partner/)