In an email to franchisees, McDonald’s US President Mike Andres called the all-day breakfast launch a success. However, this article points to a survey of U.S. franchisees that disagree.
1. Why are McDonald’s franchisees saying that the all-day breakfast launch has been a nightmare? List the reasons and rank them according to your opinion of their importance.
2. When did the all-day breakfast menu launch nationally?
3. Why is McDonald’s doing this launch now?
4. In your opinion, is it a good thing? How long should the company track it before claiming success or failure?
5. What performance measures do you think should be tied to the launch?
Peterson, H. (2015). McDonald’s franchisees say all-day breakfast is a nightmare. Business Insider, Oct. 15 (Retrievable online at http://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-franchisees-say-all-day-breakfast-is-a-nightmare-2015-10)