According to the New York Times, Bed Bath & Beyond (BB&B) failed to fully reckon with the rise of online shopping, leading to its bankruptcy filing.
- If you have a Bed Bath & Beyond gift card, what is your deadline to use it?
- After this deadline, what is the journal entry that BB&B accountants should make for the unused card amounts?
- Explain what you think the term “the Darwinism of retail” means as mentioned by Michael Lasser.
- When did the company actually start?
- What was its first name?
- When did it go public?
- What happened to the company during the 2008 crisis?
Holman, J. and M. Hirsch (2023). Bed Bath & Beyond Files for Bankruptcy. The New York Times, April 23 (Retrievable online at https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/23/business/bed-bath-beyond-bankruptcy.html)