According to Business Insider, real eiderdown is one of the warmest natural fibers you can find, but it doesn’t come cheap; an eiderdown double duvet could cost you over $8,000.
- Which part of the processes do you think is most expensive?
- How much is produced each year?
- Is harvesting the down a destructive process to the wild birds?
- How does it compare to duck down?
- If you had an extra $8,000 to use for something, would you use it to buy an eiderdown double duvet? Why or why not?
Floyd, C. (2020). Why Icelandic Eiderdown Harvested from Wild Ducks is So Expensive. Business Insider, August 20 https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=E211US105G0&p=Why+is+Icelandic+Eiderdown+so+expensive)