The IRS is warning about a new scam that targets your bank account using an old-fashioned mailer.
- What is at the center of this scam?
- What does the mailer ask taxpayers to do?
- What type of information is being solicited?
- What are the red flags of this scam?
- List what is shown on the IRS’s Dirty Dozen list?
Tanner, J. IRS warns taxpayers of new ‘unclaimed refund’ scam – here’s how it works. The Hill, July 8 (Retrievable online at https://thehill.com/homenews/nexstar_media_wire/4085938-irs-warns-taxpayers-of-new-unclaimed-refund-scam-heres-how-it-works/