Recently, we have heard many things about the dangers of artificial intelligence (AI). Today, the New York Times published an article about the firing of the editor of German celebrity magazine Die Aktuelle that used the AI-generated responses of retired Formula 1 driver, Michael Schumacher.
- How long had the editor been at the magazine?
- When did Schumacher have his skiing accident?
- What action was the family of Schumacher planning to take?
- What should the editor have done to assure that the responses, which sounded deceptively real, were in fact real?
- What types of AI problems do you anticipate in the professional accounting workplace, if any?
Holpuch, A. (2023) German Magazine Editor Is Fired Over Fake Michael Schumacher Interview. The New York Times, April 24 (Retrievable online at https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/24/business/media/michael-schumacher-ai-fake-interview.html)