According to the Washington Post, Adidas has more than $500 million of Kanye West sneakers, with no good options for getting rid of them. (See the video for new developments.)
- What cost Kanye West most of his empire of wealth and fame?
- When did Adidas end its relationship with Kanye?
- What other celebrity was mentioned in this article that cost another shoe company millions of dollars and why?
- What other fashion brands have received negative press because they destroyed their own merchandise (by burning) to preserve their brand?
- What option was mentioned at the end of the article that might allow Adidas to gain a bit of goodwill from the bad Kanye situation?
- How do you feel about the agreement mentioned in the video? What are the ethical issues?
Mark, J. (2023). Adidas has $500 million worth of Kanye West sneakers and no good options. The Washington Post, Feb. 27 (Retrievable online at https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2023/02/27/yeezy-adidas-shoe-sales/)