According to the New York Times, Meta’s ad practices have been ruled illegal under E.U. law.
- In a few words, describe the main problem with E.U. law.
- Besides a fine of 390 million euros ( or $414 million), what are the other costs to Meta?
- When did this E.U. law take effect?
- Why does the Ireland data privacy board serve as the main regulator in this situation?
- How long does Meta have to comply with the ruling?
Satariano, A. (2023). Meta’s Ad Practices Ruled Illegal Under E.U. Law. The New York Times, Jan. 4 (Retrievable online at https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/04/technology/meta-facebook-eu-gdpr.html)