According to the New York Times, Coinbase, a publicly traded cryptocurrency trading exchange based in the United States, has reached a settlement with financial regulators in New York.
- What is Coinbase accused of?
- When were the problems first detected with Coinbase?
- New York was one of the first states to require crypto firms to obtain licenses before seeking business from state customers. How many has the state issued?
- What are these licenses called?
- How has Coinbase recently sought to distinguish itself from FTX?
Goldstein, M. and E. Flitter. (2023). Coinbase Reaches $100 Million Settlement With New York Regulators. The New York Times, Jan. 4 (Retrievable online at https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/04/business/coinbase-settlement-anti-money-laundering.html)