According to the California Attorney General, 56 individuals involved in a scheme resulting in the theft of nearly $5 million from hundreds of people in a widespread mail theft and postal fraud operation.
- How many suspects were arrested as part of the fraud?
- Out of which counties were the suspects operating?
- What will the arrested individuals be charged with?
- Describe the extensive resources and agencies involved in fraud enforcement for this particular scheme.
- How long was the investigation?
California Department of Justice (DOJ). (2022). Attorney General Bonta Announces 56 Arrests in $5 Million Postal Theft and Fraud Operation. California DOJ Press Release, Oct. 7 (Retrievable online at https://oag.ca.gov/news/press-releases/attorney-general-bonta-announces-56-arrests-5-million-postal-theft-and-fraud)