According to the New York Times, CNN profits have slumped for the first time in years.
- The network is on a pace to drop below its usual profit point. What is this point?
- What service did the newly formed Warner Bros. Discovery make when it took over CNN?
- What are some of the revenue generating ideas that have been floated for CNN?
- What are some of the expense cutting measures that have been taken?
- Why is the overall strategy not to emphasize ratings for producers?
Mullin, B. (2022). Profits Slump at CNN as Ratings Plummet. The New York Times, Aug. 2 (Retrievable online at https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/02/business/media/cnn-profit-chris-licht.html).