According to the New York Times, Austin, Texas has now surpassed It has the hot housing markets in Boston, Miami and New York City. But, how did Austin become one of the least affordable cities in America?
- What was the average number of new residents moving to the Austin every day in 2020?
- What was the median home price in Austin during October 2021?
- What factors have led to this explosive growth?
- Explain briefly why this growth has led to the tale of two Austins.
- Would this be a good place for you to move for your first accounting staff position after graduation? Why or why not?
Sandoval, E. (2021). How Austin Became One of the Least Affordable Cities in America. The New York Times, Nov. 29 (Retrievable online at https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/27/us/austin-texas-unaffordable-city.html)