Postal Fleet Services, a St. Augustine Florida company, states that problems with the U.S. Postal Service’s mileage-tracking program have forced them to slash jobs and opened them up to trucker lawsuits in three states.
- How long has the company been a trucking contractor for the U.S. Postal Service?
- Over what period did Postal Fleet Services say that they were shorted money and how much do they claim?
- According to the article, what are the problems with the DRO software?
- What kind of problems will these pose to an audit trail?
- What has happened to first-class mail versus parcels over the period from 2010 to 2020?
Bogage, J. (2021). Faulty USPS software cost trucking contractor $110 million and led to mass layoffs, company claims, Sep. 10 (Retrievable online at https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/09/10/usps-software-trucking-layoffs/).