According to the Miami Herald, a Florida air-conditioning company has been taken to court for the seventh time since 1995 for failing to pay its employees what they are owed.
- What is the name of the company and where are they headquartered?
- What Act have they violated?
- What agency brings forth the violation suit?
- In the most recent investigation, what violations were listed?
- What is the total amount of wages that were not paid in the first six investigations?
- What amount of civil penalties were levied?
Neal, D. (2021). A Florida A/C company has shorted workers $490,000 in pay via repeated violations. The Miami Herald, Sep. 5 (Retrievable online at https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/article253913478.html)