According to the New York Times, hundreds of businesses around the world are grappling with potential cybersecurity vulnerabilities after a software provider to more than 40,000 organizations has been the victim of a “sophisticated cyberattack.”
- What types of organizations in Sweden have been hit?
- What is the name of the software company that has been the victim of a cyberattack?
- What makes this particular cyberattack stand out?
- How much ransom have some of the affected companies were being asked for?
- Would accounting firms using this software be vulnerable?
Browning, K. (2021). Hundreds of Businesses, From Sweden to U.S., Affected by Cyberattack. The New York Times, July 2 (Retrievable at https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/02/technology/cyberattack-businesses-ransom.html)