According to the New York Times, executives at Volkswagen made a commitment to electric vehicles that now is paying off after the diesel scandal five years ago.
- According to the article, what is the ID.4 and when will it be available to customers?
- Why did the article say that Volkswagen’s entrance into the electric car market is well-timed?
- What did the article say about Volkswagen and software?
- What is the Modular Electrification Toolbox? Explain Volkswagen’s commitment to this platform.
- Based on the article, do you think that Volkswagen would be a good investment? Why or why not?
Ewing, J. (2021). How Volkswagen’s Sins Fueled Its Redemption. The New York Times, March 19 (Retrievable online at https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/19/business/volkswagen-electric-cars-share-price.html)