According to Techrepublic.com, cybercriminals have attacked hospitals and other healthcare organizations with double-extortion ransomware attacks during the COVID pandemic.
- What is a double-extortion ransomware attack and how many different ransomware variants are now using the double-extortion plot?
- Why are cybercriminals focusing on hospitals and other healthcare organizations with these even bolder types of attacks?
- What is the name of the threat intelligence team at Palo Alto Networks (the source of the information used in this article)?
- What is the difference from the “spray-and-pray” ransomware model and the “stay-and-play” model?
- What recommendations does Palo Alto Networks make to prevent organizations against these bolder ransomware attacks?
Whitney, L. (2021). How ransomware is evolving as a threat to organizations. Techrepublic.com, March 17 (Retrievable online at How ransomware is evolving as a threat to organizations – TechRepublic).