According to the Washington Post, a digital collage of hundreds of weird, brightly colored images made by a South Carolina artist known as Beeple sold at the prestigious Christie’s auction for $69.3 million.
- How does this rank among the highest paid art pieces at auction?
- What is the collage called?
- What is an NFT?
- What is the interest in NFT’s due to?
- Would you invest in this type of collectible?
- Do you think this is a speculative craze?
Denham, H., et. al (2021) What is an NFT, and how did an artist called Beeple sell one for $69 million at Christie’s? The Washington Post, March 12 (Retrievable online at https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/03/12/nft-beeple-christies-blockchain/)