According to the Washington Post and an SEC report, Tesla has invested $1.5 billion in bitcoin and plans to start accepting the cryptocurrency as payment in the near future.
- As a result of Tesla’s announcement, what happened to the price of bitcoins?
- Alternatively, did Tesla show as much movement?
- How does the price of bitcoins today compare with the price at the beginning of the year?
- According to the HSB 2020 survey, what percent of small and midsize American businesses accept cryptocurrency?
- Do you think that bitcoin is a gimmick for Tesla? Discuss.
Telford, T. (2021). Tesla invests $1.5 billion in bitcoin, will start accepting it as payment. The Washington Post, Feb.8,(Retrievable online at https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/02/08/tesla-bitcoin-musk-dogecoin/)