According to the Washington Post, businesses across the country may be charging you undisclosed COVID fees.
- Consumers in how many states have filed complaints with state attorneys general offices regarding undisclosed COVID-related surcharges?
- What are these surcharges typically for?
- What types of businesses are the worst offenders?
- What measures are health insurance providers taking with respect to the charges?
- Do you agree that these charges are legal or illegal? Discuss.
Denham, H. Companies are charging hidden ‘covid fees’ to make up for lost profits. They may be illegal. (2021). The Washington Post, Feb. 5, (Retrievable online https://www.washingtonpost.com/road-to-recovery/2021/02/05/coronavirus-fees-pandemic-business/)