According to the Washington Post, Total is the first major petroleum company to leave the influential trade group, the American Petroleum Institute (API).
- Why did Total leave the influential API trade group?’
- What other oil companies have left trade groups? Name the trade groups and companies.
- How much has Total invested in the U.S. over the past five years?
- What is Total’s role in exporting liquefied natural gas in the U.S.?
- In what U.S. firm does Total maintain a position as major stakeholder?
Mufson, S. (2021) French oil giant Total quits American Petroleum Institute. The Washington Post, Jan. 15 (Retrievable online at https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2021/01/15/french-oil-giant-total-quits-american-petroleum-institute/)