According to the Washington Post, Dollar General workers who get the COVID vaccine will be rewarded with four hours of pay. This makes the company one of the first major retailers to incentivize inoculations for its workforce.
- What is the base rate for Dollar General workers?
- What barrier does the company hope to break down with this incentive?
- Are retailers required to report infection rates or deaths due to the coronavirus?
- According to the United Food and Commercial Workers Union estimates to Jan. 5, how many workers have been infected and how many workers have died in the retail, grocery, food processing and other front-line industries?
- Will the employees have to provide proof of vaccination? Do you agree with this policy? Discuss.
- Summarize the financial profit and investment data in the article relating to the pandemic period.