In Itta Bena, Mississippi, it is not uncommon to receive an electricity bill that is more than you pay for a monthly mortgage.
- When residents complained about the high cost of electricity, what did they find out?
- What type of structural changes are contributing to the high utilities prices in this small town?
- What is the historic background of Itta Bena?
- Did you get a clear understanding of why the city was so much in debt? What could be the possible reasons from a control risk point of view?
- What types of resolutions do you see possible regarding the problems raised in this article?
Waller, A. (2020). Mississippi City Spared Loss of Electric Service. The New York Times, Nov. 1 (Retrievable online at https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/01/us/itta-bena-mississippi-debt.html)