According to Forensic Magazine, consumers of media content today face a number of challenges in determining the trustworthiness of the information they find online, particularly with the new phenomena of deepfakes.
- Has this been used yet to perpetrate a financial fraud?
- Can you think of a way that it could be used for fraud purposes?
- What has a team of Boston University computer scientists developed in order to combat deepfakes?
- What does the team plan to do with the algorithm developed?
- Has this ever been used for good purposes? (in video)
Staff (2020). Protective Filter Defends Images and Video Against Deepfake Manipulation., July 13 (Retrievable at https://www.forensicmag.com/566207-Protective-Filter-Defends-Images-and-Video-against-Deepfake-Manipulation/ )