This week, J.C. Penney filed for bankruptcy protection after a prolonged decline over the past 20 years, becoming the latest and largest retailer to fall during the coronavirus pandemic, which has devastated the industry.
- How many employees does this affect?
- When and where did the company start?
- How many stores does the company have and what are the plans for these stores?
- What was the name of the original store in Wyoming before it was renamed?
- What is going on with the stock price of the company?
Maheshwari, S. and M. Corkery. (2020). J.C. Penney, 118-Year-Old Department Store, Files for Bankruptcy. The New York Times, May 15 (Retrievable online at https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/15/business/jc-penney-bankruptcy-coronavirus.html)