According to the New York Times, a South African couple, on their honeymoon in the Maldives are now the sole visitors at a five-star resort, due to the coronavirus.
- Why don’t they go home with the other 40 South Africans in the Maldives?
- Who is running the resort and what regulations does the government have regarding the resort staff?
- What is the latest wrinkle with the Maldivian airline crew that is supposed to fly these and other South Africans back?
- Why doesn’t South Africa fly the residents back to their country?
- Who is paying for the honeymooners’ continued vacation?
Zweig, D. (2020). They Were the Last Couple in Paradise. Now They’re Stranded. The New York Times, April 6 (Retrievable online at https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/05/style/coronavirus-honeymoon-stranded.html?algo=top_conversion&fellback=false&imp_id=152302150&imp_id=877166409)