The San Francisco-based company that sold most private-label essentials without branding is closing.
- Why did they decide to close?
- Based on the article, how many people were employed at Brandless?
- How much did SoftBank invest in this company’s concept?
- When did Brandless start selling its products in major retailers’ physical stores instead of online-only?
- Why do you think that Brandless’ CEO says that the next great brands of tomorrow will be built from this experience?
Peterson, H. (2020). The SoftBank-backed company that sold everything for $3 is abruptly shutting down, refusing orders, and laying off employees. BusinessInsider.com, Feb. 10 (Retrievable online at https://www.businessinsider.com/brandless-shutting-down-no-new-orders-2020-2)