According to the New York Times, Big Tech (Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google) are being investigated by regulators and lawmakers regarding how these companies may have used their size and wealth to quash competition and expand their dominance.
- Who are some of the regulators and lawmakers investigating Google and for what reason?
- What are some of the allegations against Amazon?
- What type of control are critics unhappy with regarding Apple?
- What type of antitrust criticism does Facebook face and why?
- According to the article, which Tech firms are being scrutinized by both the FTC and the EU?
Nicas, J., K. Weise, and M. Isaac. (2019). How Each Big Tech Company May Be Targeted by Regulators. The New York Times, Sep. 8 (Retrievable