According to Business Insider, a cottage industry of companies has sprung up to grab a piece of the revenue flowing to over the top (or OTT) advertising. OTT refers to film and television content provided via a high-speed Internet connection rather than a cable or satellite provider. OTT does not mean free, as the term encompasses services such as Netflix, Amazon, iTunes and HBO Now.
- What is causing this marketing shift?
- Why is this shift causing problems for ad buyers?
- Who are the 13 ad-tech companies that stand to win the most in OTT and who have you heard of, if any?
- Based on the article, which company do you think will ultimately become the largest ad-tech company?
- Which company do you think is the most innovative and why?
Johnson, L. (2019). Ad-tech companies are moving full speed ahead to chase OTT ad dollars. Here are the 13 companies poised to win the most. Business Insider, June 24. (Retrievable online at https://www.businessinsider.com/top-ad-tech-ott-companies-2019-2019-3).