New survey data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show that 36.6% of us eat some kind of fast food on any given day. That includes 37.9% of men and 35.4% of women, according to a report published Wednesday by the CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics.
1. What is the main reason for so much fast food consumption?
2. How many men compared to women eat fast food for lunch on any given day?
3. Does the popularity of fast food varies by racial and ethnic group?
4. How does our taste for fast food change with age?
5. If you would do the survey in 10 years, what do you think the results will show? Discuss your opinion.
6. What is the monetary factor related to fast food?
Kaplan, K. (2018). More than 1 in 3 Americans eat fast food on a typical day, and we eat it all day long. The Los Angeles Times, Oct. 3 (Retrievable online at http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-fast-food-america-20181003-story.html)