While the list of things not included with your plane ticket seems to be constantly growing, there is a new twist in ticket rates. As if it isn’t becoming difficult enough, now some airlines have started bidding sites for seat upgrades!
1. What are the extra fees associated with airline transportation called?
2. What is it called when an airline separates all the little costs that use to be part of regular air travel?
3. Which airlines are now incorporating the bidding process?
4. What would you like or dislike about bidding? Discuss.
5. Do the airlines involved have minimum bids and if so, what are they?
6. What is the reason that these airlines started the bidding system?
Shrikant, A. (2018). Airlines’ latest customer shakedown? Making you bid for a seat upgrade. Vox, Sep. 14 (Retrievable online at https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2018/9/14/17856358/seat-bidding-first-class-flying-airline)