Emergent BioSolutions, a Maryland-based pharmaceutical company that provides infectious-disease vaccines for the U.S. government, is about to add cholera and typhoid vaccines to its arsenal of preventives.
1. What is Emergent’s link to the defense contracting market?
2. According to the article, briefly describe Emergent’s corporate history.
3. What health issues does the PaxVax acquisition serve?
4. What is Emergent’s revenue target for 2020?
5. Based on Emergent’s most current quarterly revenue and its projections for PaxVax, does this seem doable? Discuss and show calculations to make your case.
Gregg, A. (2018) Emergent BioSolutions to acquire cholera and typhoid vaccines in $270 million deal. Washington Post, Aug. 12 (retrievable online at https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/capitalbusiness/emergent-biosolutions-to-acquire-cholera-and-typhoid-vaccines-in-270-million-deal/2018/08/12/6f7165b6-9be1-11e8-8d5e-c6c594024954_story.html?utm_term=.a9b702af64eb)