According to the New York Times, baby boomers are growing older and with them comes a growing volume of unwanted keepsakes and family heirlooms; so, too, is the need for a number of delicate conversations about what to do with this stuff.
1. What type of changes exist as we view the baby boomer generation to the evolving generation of current young adults?
2. Explain what the senior move management industry is.
3. One move manager said: “seniors have more needs than just the sale of their estates.” What are those needs?
4. Why is there so much growth in the self-storage industry?
5. What did you find the most interesting about this article?
Verde, T. (2018). Aging Parents With Lots of Stuff, and Children Who Don’t Want It. The New York Times, March 2 (Retreivable online at https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/your-money/aging-parents-with-lots-of-stuff-and-children-who-dont-want-it.html)