In 2008, a thriving company named Science Care Inc developed a 55-page national expansion plan. Read what happened!
1. What was the company’s goal?
2. What company did Science Care Inc. model?
3. How much did the company earn From 2012 through 2014?
4. If a person donates a whole body when they die, what are the government regulations for companies carving it up?
5. What is the background on Jim Rogers and his company?
6. How much do cadavers sell for?
7. Do you think companies should profit from body donations? Discuss.
Shiffman, J. and B. Grow. (2017) Special Report: U.S. company makes a fortune selling bodies donated to science. Reuters.com, Oct. 26 (Retrievable online at http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-bodies-science-specialreport/special-report-u-s-company-makes-a-fortune-selling-bodies-donated-to-science-idUSKBN1CV1J7)