According to the Guardian, one of the Big Four accounting firms, Deloitte, has been targeted by a sophisticated hack that compromised the confidential emails and plans of some of its blue-chip clients.
1. What sectors did the hackers attack?
2. How many clients have currently told Deloitte that they have been impacted by the attack?
3. What type of account did they enter through and what control was missing?
4. What is the country of origin of most of the accounts hacked?
5. Why is the cyber attack so ironic? [Hint: 2012 ranking]
Hopkins, N. (2017). Deloitte hit by cyber-attack revealing clients’ secret emails. The Guardian, Sep. 25 (Retrievable online at https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/sep/25/deloitte-hit-by-cyber-attack-revealing-clients-secret-emails)