Kamilla Bjorlin, actress appearing in movies with Al Pacino and Anthony Hopkins, as well as countless lesser roles, is now looking at possibly her biggest role in defending herself against SEC charges against a modern “pump-and-dump” scheme.
1. According to the SEC complaint, what was Bjorlin’s firm’s role in driving up the stock of Galena Biopharma and by how much?
2. What is Bjorlin accused of doing herself?
3. What is DreamTeam and what is their connection with an SEC complaint?
4. Who are the primary victims of the false financial news sites and articles?
5. How do the fake financial news writers benefit?
Merle, R. (2017). Allegations of ‘fake news’ stretch beyond politics. The Washington Post, July 4 (Retrievable online at https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/company-moved-market-with-fake-news-stories-sec-alleges/2017/07/04/419a3bd4-54f9-11e7-b38e-35fd8e0c288f_story.html)