According to CNN, New York just became the first state in the nation to make tuition free for middle class students at both two- and four-year public colleges.
1. When does this program start?
2. What are the income caps in order to obtain free tuition?
3. What are the restrictions after graduation?
4. What three entities have recently made tuition free at community colleges for all residents, regardless of income?
5. Are any other states considering similar proposals?
6. Do you think there will be any accounting or tax ramifications for the receivers of these awards?
Source: Lobosco, K. (2017). New York just OK’d tuition-free college for middle class. CNN.com (Retrievable online at http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/08/pf/college/new-york-free-tuition/index.html)