Amazon, who made its reputation on offering deals, is now quietly dropping list prices from its items. The new model is that Amazon does not have to entice customers anymore because they will buy anyway.
1. When did Amazon begin as a company?
2. When did the company begin dropping list prices?
3. Why is there conflict associated with reporting list prices and what is the conflict? Discuss.
4. What types of lawsuits have been filed with respect to list prices?
5. About what percentage of list prices have been dropped on the website?
Streitfeld, D. (2016). Amazon Is Quietly Eliminating List Prices. The New York Times, July 3 (Retrievable online at http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/04/business/amazon-is-quietly-eliminating-list-prices.html)