Finland has become the latest country to propose a basic income for all. Under the plan, all Finnish citizens would receive an 800 euro stipend, per month, tax-free.
1. Based on the current exchange rate, what amount of U.S. dollars is this equal to?
2. What incentive does Finland have to implement this proposal?
3. What does the Finnish proposal seek to simplify?
4. What other country is proposing a similar nation-wide referendum?
5. How was the 1968 U.S. experiment different from these proposals?
Armbrecht, D. (2015). Finland might pay everyone in the country 800 euros a month.Business Insider, Dec. 12 (Retrievable online at http://www.businessinsider.com/finlands-basic-income-experiment-2015-12)