People feel guilty about leaving their dogs home all day alone. Now there’s a solution – DogTV. Some viewers even report that their dogs were on medication for separation anxiety, but since subscribing to the channel, the dogs no longer need the drugs.
1. What year was the channel launched and in what country? How many countries does it reach?
2. What is the science (three factors) that DogTV follows?
3. What does DogTV avoid showing and why?
4. Why is DogTV better than just leaving the TV on a channel like Animal Planet?
5. What type of journal entries do you think would be made for the subscriptions, assuming that they are prepaid each year? Do you think the accounting would be the same for individuals as it is for Cable providers? Discuss.
6. What type of revenue model(s) does DogTV pursue in addition to direct subscriptions?