At Rutgers University, online student must download Proctortrack, a new anti-cheating technology, prior to taking exams.
1. Did you agree or disagree that the software was intrusive? Discuss the pros and cons of it.
2. Do you agree or disagree that human behavior in test taking can be reduced to an algorithm? Discuss.
3. What problems could you see with this type of software and taking accounting courses? Discuss.
4. If you were given the choice between a proctor and an online exam with the software, which would you choose and why?
5. What item did you find most interesting about the article?
Singer, N. (2015). Online Test-Takers Feel Anti-Cheating Software’s Uneasy Glare. The New York Times, April 5 (Retrievable online at http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/06/technology/online-test-takers-feel-anti-cheating-softwares-uneasy-glare.html?hpw&rref=technology&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=well-region®ion=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well&_r=0)