While the car rental rate might look like a bargain at the beginning, watch out for sticker shock once you get the final bill for your rental car! Be sure to read the fine print in the car rental contract and learn how to avoid the optional services that rental companies offer.
1. How can you avoid the fee for GPS?
2. How can you avoid the fee for insurance?
3. How can you avoid the airport pickup fee?
4. How can you avoid the refuel fee?
5. Based on this article and the video, discuss why it is important for companies to have policies in place regarding car rentals for employees and also reimbursement guidelines.
Thornley, R. (2013). How to Avoid Extra Charges for Car Rentals. USA Today. (Retrievable online at http://traveltips.usatoday.com/avoid-extra-charges-car-rentals-1638.html)
CNN Video. (2013). Car Rental and Cost-Cutting Secrets, March 14. (Retrievable online at http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/international/2013/03/14/business-traveller-montreal-canada-c.cnn)